Firstly today it’s a quick reminder from me and then I’ll take you through how I achieved the makeup look in my photo! As always any recreations, clarifications or comments are always appreciated. The palettes I used are Provocoture by Marc Jacobs and Queen of Hearts by Coloured Raine.
So the reminder, sometimes we are way too hard on ourselves. Yep I said it. Well yesterday I was doing an eye makeup look and I had one of those ‘oh god I’m no good’ moments and I was feeling really down about the whole thing. Then today I saw one of those makeup comparison posts that shows the amazing journey someone has had with their makeup, so makeup now compared to makeup a few months ago (you know the ones that always make you go WOW at the persons progress). That’s when I realised, I have come along way in a few months and I was simply lacking perspective, it is easier to be hard on yourself about one thing than to remember where you came from. So I wanted to remind you all that you’ve all come along way in your own journeys and everyday you survive and fight through is another amazing achievement. I’m sure some of my friends who are teaching abroad wouldn’t imagine the lessons they are writing and delivering now a few months ago (I’m super proud of you guys). Always remember to have perspective guys and be proud of your achievements ❤
Let’s get down to business then, todays makeup look (which is actually the one I was talking about above) and how you can recreate.
- Prime your eyes and (using a large fluffy brush) dab a matte shade across all the primer to set it, my gems.
- Next start blending Otherwise from Provocoture into the crease, I used the Zoeva 228 for this.
- Then, using the same 228, I started to blend Duchess into the crease, creating the shape I want the eyeshadow to be.
- After this I took the shade As Well from Provocoture on a Sigma E25 and added that to the outer V and crease. Then using a very small flat brush I traced concealer (Sephora) from the inner corner along the crease to the middle of my eye. This step is just to make the shimmer stand out more but be patience as it can at first be hard to trace exactly under the crease.
- Next I added the shade You Might from Provocoture over the concealer using a Zoeva 237 brush. As well as filling in my brows and adding a layer of mascara.
- Then came the eyeliner. As I LOVE the Zoeva winged liner brush I knew I wanted to use that, the down side of this plan was my gel eyeliner is in Spain not in England with me. So I improvised by using LimeCrime liquid lipstick in shade Black Velvet. I also added my Tatti lanes in TL4 and promptly decided I hated the whole look.
- I decided to add a glitter cut crease using Collection glitter liner (really cheap) and the Zoeva winged liner brush.
- 20 minutes later I started to liked it when I added glitter liner over the black.
- So I added lashes….
- …..Creating the finished look.
So there we have it lovelies! That’s how I created todays look and I hope you like it (let me know). Check out my Instagram for a handy six picture guide to this look that is easy to save so you can recreate (@kirstyslifeblog)! Remember that it’s all about perspective and not to be too hard on yourself! Love, Kirsty ox